The following section is dedicated to clarifying the roles of a Midwest Toy Fest Volunteer. Please read each section carefully and contact us with any questions or concerns. The Volunteer Registration Form is located at the bottom of the page.
The Importance of a Midwest Toy Fest Volunteer
Our volunteers help create a friendly & enjoyable atmosphere for fans and attendees. Most importantly, our volunteers help us preserve our mission to provide an environment where individuals can become part of a larger fan community.
By volunteering, you too can become part of the fan community and our team! You will:
• Meet a new community of people and fans
• Make new friends
• Help fans and attendees enjoy their experience
• Learn how events are run from set-up to move-outo Share in the geek-culture passion
• Do something new and differento HAVE FUN!
- Volunteer Relations
We value the experience and insights of our volunteers and encourage feedback about our organization, processes and programs. Such feedback can be passed through respective Staff Members or addressed through email.
- Commitment to our Volunteers We recognize that volunteers are a fundamental part of running a successful show. We understand that our volunteers’ involvement strengthens our goals to promote a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for both the fans and guests. We are committed to providing volunteers with a safe and supportive environment to learn and enjoy the show from a new and exciting perspective.
- Expectations of Volunteers
As a Volunteer you will be representing Midwest Toy Fest. Along with performing your assigned duties you will be expected to abide to the following Rules of Conduct:
• Respect the property of the show site, the fans, guests, staff members and fellow volunteers
• Respect the direction and decisions of Staff Members
• Perform your duties to the best of your ability and advise the Volunteer Coordinator if you are unable to work as scheduled
• Deal with conflicts or difficulties in an appropriate manner as outlined in this Volunteer Handbook
• Be courteous, friendly, and cooperative
• Offer constructive feedback about Midwest Toy Fest in an appropriate manner